Tuesday, December 28, 2010

True Grit Review


Well, I've been anticipating this movie for a pretty long while. Coen brothers with Jeff Bridges, Josh Brolin and Matt Damon with Roger Deakins cinematography so I was excited as a masochist who had just been arrested by the Spanish Inquisition

Any way, to sum it up it felt like a Coen Brother film for young adults instead of adults. Its actually the least gritty of their dramas compared to No country, blood simple and fargo.

                                                                           Real True Grit

Anyway the highlights of other coen brothers films are usually the secondary characters and that was a little lacking in this movie except for the bear suit man who was pretty awesome

I hope you brought your rape whistle

The acting however was good from everyone on the main cast, especially Matt Damon and Jeff Bridges, it just never kept me in suspense like other Coen movies.
Rating : 7/10

-Colin

1 comment:

YukonAfternoon said...

I've been meaning to get out and see this movie. Great review! Definitely won't make me want to save the $9.50.