Saturday, February 26, 2011

Colin's Oscar Predictions


So the Oscars are tomorrow night and although I dont really care much about them Im gonna write my predictions because everyone else is so here goes:

Actor in a Leading Role
Javier Bardem in "Biutiful"
Jeff Bridges in "True Grit"
Jesse Eisenberg in "The Social Network"
Colin Firth in "The King's Speech"
James Franco in "127 Hours"

Who will win : Colin Firth
Who should win: For once I'm very impressed with the list of best actors and I think all the actors are worthy of it. Personal choice though is Jesse Eisenberg.

Actor in a Supporting Role
Christian Bale in "The Fighter"
John Hawkes in "Winter's Bone"
Jeremy Renner in "The Town"
Mark Ruffalo in "The Kids Are All Right"
Geoffrey Rush in "The King's Speech"

Who will win: Christian Bale
Who should win: Christian Bale, although Geoffrey Rush was just as good.

Actress in a Leading Role
Annette Bening in "The Kids Are All Right"
Nicole Kidman in "Rabbit Hole"
Jennifer Lawrence in "Winter's Bone"
Natalie Portman in "Black Swan"
Michelle Williams in "Blue Valentine"

Who will win: Natalie Portman
Who should win: Natalie Portman

Actress in a Supporting Role
Amy Adams in "The Fighter"
Helena Bonham Carter in "The King's Speech"
Melissa Leo in "The Fighter"
Hailee Steinfeld in "True Grit"
Jacki Weaver in "Animal Kingdom"

Who will win: Hailee Steinfeld or Melissa Leo
Who should win: I was a little annoyed at seeing Hailee nominated for supporting when she was the main character of her movie but I still hope she wins.

Best Picture:
Black Swan
The Fighter
Inception
The Kids are Alright
The Kings Speech
127 Hours
The Social Network
Toy Story 3
True Grit
Winters Bone

Who will win: Coin flip between The Social Network and The Kings Speech
Who definitely wont win: The fighter (bale wins), Inception ( will win all the effects categories and original screenplay), the kids are alright (terrible nomination), 127 hours, toy story 3 ( gets best animated) and winters bone.
Who should win: As posted in my previous top 5 list of movies of the year, my favorite of the year is Black Swan. However I would also be content with The social network or Toy story 3 winning as I also adored both of them.

Others predictions
Animated : Toy Story 3
Cinematography : Black Swan or True Grit
Directing : Tom Hooper for The Kings Speech
Score: The Social Network
Foreign : Biutiful
Adapted Screenplay : The Social Network or Winters Bone
Original Screenplay : Inception or Kings speech

17 comments:

Ashton Chase said...

We'll have to see.

Anonymous said...

interesting choices

Anonymous said...

Yeah, never know who is going to win until they announce it.

Paul Johannsen said...

Hope Christian Bale wins. I love the guy

Blog Master Flex said...

Damn you must have taken a lot of time out to make this list. I wonder if you'll get any right?

Mike said...

this oscars were disappointing kinda borning

Ross said...

@Mike i agree!!

Ilya311 said...

Inception should definitaly win something, but I actually had to look up a review to understand why the hell the people were going into the dreams in the first place lol. Followed :)

Metamorphiction said...

What!? Colin Firth is, hands down, the best one out of that list! Okay, maybe I'm biased (Team Darcy), but nice post all around. Keep more like this one coming.

WizWayne said...

I thought Inception should have won, it was personally one of my favorite movies of all time, hands down.

soundboy1 said...

Reading this a week later you did pretty good! Next year I may bet on your picks...

Paul Johannsen said...

Sup man? where are your updates? I'm eager for more content :/

Merlyy said...

Almost right :)

Followed

DorfinAllDay said...

are you a wizard?

Stein said...

Natalie Portman in "Black Swan" -
That lesbian scene was an oscar alone

Kevings said...

I so agree - the lesbian scene took my pleasantly by surprise :P

Solomander said...

Toy Story 3 was awesome, I'm 26 and I seriously cried in the theater. The ending reminded me of when I gave all my old Transformers toys to my neighbor kid. The reluctance that Andy felt over Woody was just like myself when I hesitated to give away Optimus Prime.

I don't pay attention to Oscars and Emmys and shit, but Toy Story 3 should definitely win something.