Friday, March 25, 2011

A few awesome directors

Here's a few awesome modern directors who'se work you should be watching.

Kim Jee-Woon

Directed:
                                                        I Saw the Devil
 An insane movie about a man on the trail of revenge against the serial killer who killed his pregnant wife.

                                                      A Bittersweet Life
 A movie about the workings of the korean mob and one of the enforcers who gets turned on by his own people.

                                                      A Tale of Two Sisters
 A chilling horror / psychological thriller movie about a young girl who returns to her home with her sister after something horrible happened to them.

Park Chan-Wook

Directed:
                                                Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance
 A blood-curdling movie about a man who kidnaps a young girl to pay for his sisters surgery and how it all goes horribly wrong.

                                                               Oldboy
 What is now considered a modern classic, this movie is a must-see. The story is of a man locked into a room for 15 years with no knowledge of who the perpetrators are or why they are doing it, then he's released and has 5 days to get his revenge.

                                                    Joint Security Area
 An amazing movie about the murder of two north korean soldiers on the border between both koreas and the investigation into it.

Paul Thomas Anderson

Directed:
                                                         Boogie Nights
One of my favorite movies ever, this masterpiece needs no introduction. Go watch it.

                                                     There Will Be Blood
 Sporting one of the best performances in recent memory by Daniel Day-Lewis, this movie is one of the best character studies ever made.

                                                               Magnolia 
 A beautifully shot movie about seemingly unrelated lives that become intrically related, this movie is a must-see for any movie lover.


- Colin

52 comments:

King Elysium said...

interesting posts, I'll look into a few of them

Unknown said...

thanks for all of the tips, i will see if i can find any of em =)

Lhosreiff said...

There will be blood is one of my all time favorites!

Equal said...

good post

followed

Me said...

All I saw was There Will Be Blood. Very good, kind of overshadowed by No Country For Old Men

Robert Fünf said...

I've been meaning to see Old Boy. Still haven't though. :(

Evan said...

Ive seen a tale of two sisters and its so creepy. Good movie choices man

Bulwyf said...

Oldboy is one of my forever favorite movies.

+Kuda said...

I've seen magnolia, adding the rest to my extensive to-watch list.

ZeroTime said...

I don't think i have seen a Park Chan-Wook movie that i haven`t loved.

McGormick said...

Maybe I should see more asian movies? I seldom do

incognito19 said...

i've watched there will be blood and magnolia. both were magnificent movies imo! definitely worth my time!

Anonymous said...

I'll check out some of these works now, thanks! They sound really different and eclectic... Which I LIKE.

Unknown said...

checked out Oldboy, rly cool movie thanks again for the tip!

Synetik said...

thanks for sharing man

Jay said...

Wow, these all look excellent. Almost like good books turned into good movies. Awesome!

Michelangelo said...

Thanks for all the tips on the movies, really want to check some of those out!

Keep up the good work :D

314 In The Sky said...

i have actually heard of Kim Jee-Woon before. His stuff is great

D22 Zone said...

Great post! Keep up the good blogging it will eventually pay off!

DYLON said...

love boogie nights, but magnolia might be the worst movie i`ve ever seen. way too long it gets so redundant by the end and makes you rage.

Joe said...

I've seen old boy! My good friend frmo home is learning Korean and showed it to me. Great movies here

Yu-Gi-Oh Player said...

Il check out some of the films now. havent seen an asian movie in a while

asldkasd said...

I've seen barely any of those, I might have to check some out.

Kevings said...

I remember Magnolia as a really really wierd movie :o

Mike said...

a bittersweet life and magnolia are just genius!!! love you list man!

Med!c said...

I really enjoy Korean films.
Thanks for the recommendations!

David said...

Those look like some awesome movies. I will definitely be getting some of those!

Oscar said...

Love Magnolia.

Raw News said...

no love for Tarantino?

Unknown said...

just watched There Will Be Blood, awesome movie! thanks again xD

vashrave said...

quinton defitnitely followed

doomsday said...

Old Guy rocked! Pretty cruel movie...

Flames said...

Totally going to check out some of these movies now, thanks!

Lemmiwinks said...

great post. following you

Dootzkie said...

Magnolia and There Will be Blood are such great movies.

You two seem to know your stuff. Will check out the other movies you listed :D

Cheers

Ambi said...

Very interesting suggestions, will look them up

Pinkki said...

I personally hate magnolia, nice review tho :)

JuX said...

I have only seen 1 of these movies. Boogie Nights.

Jesper said...

Thank you for sharing!

incognito19 said...

magnolia ftw

D. said...

Thanks, I can never choose between all the current movies.

Xuian said...

I've been wanting to see the rest of the Oldboy movies for a while but Netflix instant play for some reason does not have them subbed. I tried hitting on this Korean girl in my class to get her to come over and translate the entire movie for me ... it didn't work unfortunately (

Joe said...

Magnolia...ive been wanting to watch that.

Wumbo said...

I wrote down all these to watch them soon. Thank you very much! Following, mate!

!mypetoctopus said...

There Will be Blood is just a fantastic movie.

taio said...

excelent

Unknown said...

Damn I've gotta get out more! I've never seen any of those movies before. Haha

A_Good_Lay said...

Old Boy has to be one of my favourite movie of all times. Great story and action.

1HipHopBlog said...

Nice list, 1+ follower.

Westus said...

I've actually seen a lot of these movies, great list for those who haven't!

251 Williams said...

Really enjoyed your movie suggestions so far, gonna give a couple of these a shot

Admin said...

Those all look so creepy.